Sadhana Somasekhar, CEO & Managing Director, Platinum Infosystems, has close to 3 decades in the IT/ITES industry. Her journey through various roles, from Vice President (International Operations), Nexus Computers (Aurelec DPS - Networking “LAN/WAN” pioneers in India), managing IBM Enterprise Systems Group business relationship, et al, to CXO and the Boardroom, has been marked with milestones both domestic and international.
She was the Jt. Managing Director & CMO to one of the country's largest strategic IT HR consulting companies, Future Focus Infotech (P) Ltd., & is part of its Board of Directors.
Her Corporate assignments include:
● MD & CEO - Zeus Career & Performance Coach Pvt. Ltd.
● MD & CEO - Platinum Infosystems Pvt. Ltd.
● Joint Managing Director (2003-2015) - Future Focus Infotech (P) Ltd.
She is a severally accredited & practicing CXO/Leadership Coach & Mentor, with over 1650+ hours of formal Leadership/Coaching experience.
Her coaching engagements span diverse industry domains, SMEs & MNCs viz. IT/ITES, Manufacturing, Textile, BFSI, Healthcare, Logistics, Real Estate, Financial Consulting; as well as entrepreneurial & individual Coaching & Mentoring.
Coaching & Related Certifications/Accreditations :
● Marshall Goldsmith Stakeholder Centered Coaching- Leadership Coach
● Marshall Goldsmith “Global Leader of The Future” 360 Assessment Certified
● Coaching Foundation India Ltd. (CFI Ltd): CXO/Executive Coach
● National Federation of Neurolinguistic Programming, USA: Certified Neurolinguistic Practitioner
● McQuaig Psychometric System: Interpreter
Sadhana has been a practising coach in India and overseas for over 6 years and has over a decade as a “Expert Mentor” (National Entrepreneurs Network - NEN). She leverages her considerable hands-on/practical experience from working across business functions, geographies, verticals and challenging situations, to assist each individual she coaches.
She works on a one-on-one basis with each leader. Her action-biased approach seeks to advance self development and new discovery, while focusing on immediate/tangible business benefits & personal progression for the Leader/ Coachee.
The profiles of individuals that she has been engaged with in her capacity as Leadership coach vary from high-potential, fast track Senior Executives/Managers to CXOs. She excels in situations that are strategically challenging, transformational & individually sensitive, and where direct feedback may not be available.
● NASSCOM D&I: National Council Committee (current)
● Chairperson, NASSCOM D&I, TN Chapter (2012-2015)
● Chairperson, Bilateral Relations, India-Sri Lanka, India –USA (CPD), ALL Ladies League
● Vice Chairperson, ASSOCHAM (LL) - “ALL”, T.N. (2014-15)
● Member: Coaching Foundation India Limited
● Vice Chair – CFI, Chennai Chapter (2015-2017)
● Chairperson, AllWorld India100 Executive Council (Michael E. Porter-Harvard Business School initiative)
● Expert Mentor: National Entrepreneurs Network (NEN)
● Pink Ambassador – *West Cancer Research (*NGO)
● “Most Talented Coaching Leaders” award: World Coaching Congress, CHRO ASIA & Times Ascent (2017)
● “Woman Super Achiever” award- World HRD Congress, Femina & Times Ascent (2017)
● “Best Woman Entrepreneur Across Sectors”- Dun & Bradstreet’s Leading SMEs of India & SME Awards (2013-14)
● “Woman Leader for Innovation”- 5th Annual Woman Leaders of India summit (2014)
● “NASSCOM Special Recognition Award” (2010) : Innovation & D&I
● “High Intensity Entrepreneur” - AllWorld Network, Harvard Univ., USA
● “Leading Woman Entrepreneur- SME” : II Annual Women Leaders in India Awards (2010)
● “India’s Top 5 CMOs” - Woman Leaders in India Awards (2010)
● “Leading Woman (IT)” - Women Leaders in India awards, iiGlobal & NDTV (2010-11 & 2012-13)
● “India Leadership Award for Industrial Dev.” - 2011 & 2013, AIAF
● “India Athena Award Nominee (2007)” - Athena International & Infosys Ltd.
● Consultants Review: "25 Most Promising Women Entrepreneurs (2016-17)
● THE CEO, India: “Leader with a difference”, a study on Inspirational CEOs, focusing on Woman (2016-17)
● India Today: Top 20 Most Influential People of T.N. (2007-08)
● Individual success profiling: “Betting on Talent”, Outlook Money
A lover of animals, Sadhana is a seasoned equestrian and rides for the pleasure of being with the horses & the joy of sport.